For the benefit of all Essex Walking Football League clubs and teams, Peter Osborne, EWFL’s League Secretary has put together a short guide on how to use the FA’s Whole Game System. These guidelines are relevant to the ability to register players for the League etc. All EWFL clubs/teams/players must be affilated to their local FA.
To help you, as a simple guide there are four stages:
Stage 1 – Add the players’ details:
- You may know how to do this already. If you don’t, when you access WGS there is a useful ‘Need help?’ facility that explains it in detail.
Stage 2 – Confirm Offline Consent:
- After you have added the players’ details you will need to gain Offline Consent.
- Click on the “Player Registration” tab. Check the box against the player (top left of their profile).
- Click on the green “Confirm Offline Consent” button at the top of the page. The relevant box within the player’s profile will turn green and show “Consent: Accepted Offline”.
Stage 3 – Assign the Player to a team or teams:
- Click on the “Player Registration” tab.
- Check the box against the player (top left of their profile).
- Click on the green “Assign to Teams” box at the top of the page.
- Check the box against the team to which the player is to be assigned.
- Click on the “Add player to selected team” box.
- Another line or lines will then appear in the players profile showing the team to which the player has been assigned and “League: Not Requested”. You may receive some system generated messages when you are working through this process. Just cancel these.
You then need to submit the request to the League. You do this as follows:
Stage 4 – Seek League approval of player:
- Check the box against the player.
- Click on the green “Submit to League” box at the top of the page. The original grey “League: Not Requested” box should then turn amber and read “League: Pending”.
If there is any issue over the player’s registration you will be contacted by the League’s Player Registration Secretary.
WGS Player Registration Training Guides
- WGS Player Registration Training Guide
- WGS Transfers and Dual Registrations Guide
- WGS Notice Of Approach
- FA Guide to Registering Players In The Whole Game System