“Prostate cancer mainly affects men over 50 and your risk increases with age. The average age for men to be diagnosed with prostate cancer is between 65 and 69 years. One man in eight will contract prostate cancer, so it is imperative that the walking football community helps and support this very important charity.”
The Rules Of The League Knockout Cup(s) (in support of Prostate Cancer UK) Competition 2020.
- A Club MUST enter a team of NINE players and this cup competition will be MANDATORY. From Season 2020 there is to be a knockout cup competition for each age-based Division(s).
- The tournament principles are based on fair play and obviously this includes the physicality of the players. NB: The Rules Committee reserves the right to change the format of this event each season.
- All proceeds inc. entry fees (less matchday fees) from these events are to be donated to Prostate Cancer UK. The competition entry fee(s) must be made by bank transfer to the club(s) organising the event no later than 7 days before the event. All clubs/teams can make further donations to Prostate Cancer UK on the day. NB: All donations and competition entry fees (less matchday fees) will be donated to Prostate Cancer UK after the competition.
- Any further donations that clubs/teams, players, supporters or match officials can be placed in the Prostate Cancer UK collection buckets or or tins available on the day of any EWFL League or Cup fixture.
The format of each cup competition is as follows:
- Entry to these competition(s) will be mandatory for all EWFL clubs/teams and shall be decided on an elimination basis.
- A club/team must enter a team of NINE players.
- Any failure to enter a team will incur a penalty equal to the value of the entry fee agreed.
- All current EWFL match day and Cup Competition Rules will apply.
- All entry fees are to be paid by no later than seven days prior to the date of each fixture.
- The EWFL shall have the power to decide whether the entrants shall be seeded and/or grouped and/or placed in a round-robin staged tournament at what stage such seeding and groupings shall cease to apply.
- The EWFL Committee shall make draws for each stage of the Competition by drawing the names of the entrants in pairs, each pair being termed a “tie”.
- In each tie the Club first drawn is referred to in these rules as the “home” Club, and the second drawn Club as the “away” Club.
- The Club winning the tie shall proceed to the next stage.
- The use of the words “home” and “away” for Cup Competition draw purposes has no relevance to where the “tie” is to be played.
- In all League Knockout Cup fixtures including the Final, Semi-Finals and Quarter-Finals, the EWFL shall determine the dates and times of when the matches/fixtures shall be played. NB: The League Knockout Cup fixtures are mandatory for every EWFL member clubs/teams.
- The duration of each match shall be to a maximum of thirty (30) minutes or a minimum of twenty (20)minutes.
- If at the expiration of this period, the scores are equal, the result of the match shall be determined by the taking of at least five kicks from the penalty mark to decide the winner.
- The winners of each semi-final will play each other to contest for the League Knockout Cup.
- The League Knockout Cup Final and any Third Place game will be played at a venue determined by the EWFL.
- The winner of the trophy is to retain it for one year and it is to be returned to the EWFL when requested before the next League Knockout Cup begins.
- The trophy will be handed to representatives of the winning Club/Team on the understanding that within three days of its receipt an Agreement is signed between the EWFL and the winning Club.
- The Committee shall be, for all intents and purposes be the legal owners of all EWFL cups and trophies, in trust for the League and shall also have responsibility for the financial management of all EWFL Competitions.
The registered charity details are: Prostate Cancer UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (1005541) and in Scotland (SC039332). Registered company 02653887.